A daily salad – using a variety of ingredients – is a positive step in the direction of life-long health. This is a basic tossed salad that goes well with many dishes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups mixed lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 3 cups rocket leaves washed and dried
- 20 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 capsicums – yellow and orange/red, deseeded and sliced thinly making rings
- 1/3 cup spring onions, chopped
- 6 teaspoons (about 15g) linseeds (flaxseeds)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dry all the salad ingredients except for the linseeds, mixing them together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Toss the salad with the dressing and transfer to a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with linseeds.