Tandoori Chicken Pizza
Whether you are 5, 50 or 90 years of age, you will love this Tandoori Chicken Pizza and all the recipes from The Total LIFE Diet.
This quick and easy pizza can become a regular item on your lunch or dinner menu.
- 4 medium wholemeal pita bread
- Canola or olive oil spray
- 4 tablespoons crushed tomato
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 500g (1 lb 2 oz) chicken tenderloin pieces or stir fry strips
- 3 tablespoons tandoori paste
- ½ cup low fat plain yoghurt
- 2 cups mixed salad or baby rocket leaves
- 4 tablespoons low fat plain yoghurt (extra for topping)
- 2 teaspoons powdered cumin
- Toss the chicken with the tandoori paste and yoghurt and cook in a hot oven, about 200°C/400°F for 20–25 minutes or until cooked.
- Lightly spray one side of the pita bread with olive/canola oil. Turn over and spread with crushed tomato and sprinkle with basil.
- Divide the chicken into 4 portions and top each pizza with the chicken. Bake at 200°C/400°F for 2–3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yoghurt and cumin powder. Top each pizza with mixed salad leaves and drizzle the flavoured yoghurt over the pizza.
- Serve on its own or with a simple cucumber salsa/salad.
Nutritional value per serve:
Energy: 478 calories or 2007 kilojoules